Art Wanted

ArtWanted.com

Thursday, October 22, 2009

Sad


The images on the left are part of the Quincy Bog Series. I only have about a hundred or so images to process, and that is in my spare time.
Not to long ago a friend of mine was diagnosed with breast cancer, yesterday she had a biopsy done on her lymph nodes and the pathologist is pretty sure that the cancer has spread there too. I believe, next week she will be going in to surgery so I will be covering her at the kennel that she owns. Unfortunately my friend found the lump during the summer, but did not go to the doctors right away she waited until two weeks ago.No amount of urging could persuade her to do anything about it, until she went for her yearly check up. I am afraid that being in denial is not going in her favor.
I am telling this story because so many of us women do not take care of our selves. We need to take of our selves before we can take care of anyone else. We women need to do breast exams every month, and something is there, go get it checked out, the longer you wait, the worse it will be.
Please, please my fans get your breasts checked, and take good care of yourselves.

No comments:

Post a Comment