Art Wanted

ArtWanted.com

Friday, April 10, 2009

When the children are gone

I no longer get up in the middle of the night to change and feed babies.
I no longer get up in the morning to feed,dress, and drive the children to school.
I no longer watch cartoons with the babies to make sure they were not contaminated which meant we did not watch a whole lot tv.
I no longer volunteer as a Girl Scout leader for two different troops, one for each girl.
I no longer run the synchronize swim team for the girls or volunteer for the swim team for the boy.
I no longer provide snacks for the soccer matches times three.
I no longer go to parent teacher meetings times three.
I no longer do homework at the kitchen table times three with two of the children having learning disabilities.
I no longer cook big meals.
I no longer bake bread,cookies,cakes, and other sugar products.
I no longer read to my children at bed time times three.
I no longer supervise bathtime times three or bedtimes times three.
I no longer come up with unique parties times three because as a single Mom, we did not have money for Chucky Cheese.
I no longer stay up at night waiting for the children to come home from dates and other activities times three.
Now, I wake up each morning and wonder what the hell I am going to do for the rest of the day. Oh, I know miss the children and work on my art.
Parenting is hard work, but priceless!

No comments:

Post a Comment